Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dachshunds

 Hello I hope everybody had a great Christmas. Anyway in this post I'm going to be posting about dachshunds they are so cute hope you learn something. Fist I'm going to be posting about the basics the  normal dachshund weight about 8-20 pounds and they are normally 12-18 inches long and they are not very tall, dachshunds live about 12-16 years but most dachshunds get bad back problems because they are so low to the ground and they are kind of shaped like bananas. Anyway dachshunds are have lots of energy so they need to be taken on more then one walk a day they can also be very hard to train because they are so stubborn. Fun fact dachshund is the german word for bagger because they were breed to hunt baggers because they so long they can go down into the tunnel and kill them. they are also very territorial.
That's all for this post I hope you learn something and I hope you post a comment for me with  what you think about the post.  MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !.

Brenna      

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brenna!
    I like your post, it is very specific. Dachshunds are so cute!
    I remember I had to spell that word for the Regional Spelling Bee last year, and it was a pain...
    Keep up the blogging,
    Rana:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those German spellings can prove difficult... :)

    Great post, Brenna! I like that your posts are very informative. Do you know anyone who has a Dachshund? What inspired you to write this post? Did you have a good Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brenna,

    I had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with you, Morgan, your Mom and your Dad.

    If I remember correctly your Mom really likes Dachshunds. I had no idea that Dachshunds lived so long or that they tend to have back problems.

    love
    Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete